上周,在英文版的《东风破》、《发如雪》的优美声韵中,小伙伴们是不是醉了呢?今天,周董中国风歌曲优美翻译再度来袭,看看英文版的《青花瓷》、《千里之外》是否能打动你呢?

《青花瓷》:天青色等烟雨 而我在等你

说起中国风,怎能不说《青花瓷》?如果说《东风破》遣词造句略显含蓄之色,《发如雪》引经据典可勘文化之韵,那么《青花瓷》就是寄情于物、物我两忘的极致:整首歌以脱胎于宋徽宗对汝窑定名之句“雨过天青云破处,这般颜色做将来”的“天青色等烟雨”为骨,以瓷喻情,句句写瓷又句句抒情。且看这样的心思又怎么被翻译君化在英文之中~

Are you looking for Chinese Translation? We are here for your assistance.

素胚勾勒出青花笔锋浓转淡

Unglazed, yet from shade to light,

Unfolds the blue and white.

瓶身描绘的牡丹一如你初妆

From the peony on the vase

Emerges your image in maiden dress.

冉冉檀香透过窗心事我了然

Closed as the windows remain,

The incense rises

And lays bare my bosom.

宣纸上 走笔至此搁一半

My brush pauses;

The painting half done,

釉色渲染仕女图韵味被私藏

Till the portrait of a maiden is glazed,

Hiding away memories fond.

而妳嫣然的一笑如含苞待放

Bursting into a smile,

You seem like a bud about to bloom.

你的美一缕飘散 去到我去不了的地方

Alas, off is your charm blown,

To a place where I can never trace.

天青色等烟雨 而我在等你

The sky is blue enough to expect the rain;

For you I am waiting, however in vain.

炊烟袅袅升起 隔江千万里

The chimney smoke is to rise;

Across the river lies thousands of miles.

在瓶底书汉隶仿前朝的飘逸

The calligraphy at the bottom,

Modeling the elegance of the Han Dynasty,

就当我 为遇见你伏笔

Has set the stage to meet my destiny.

天青色等烟雨 而我在等你

The sky is blue enough to herald the rain,

While for you I am on watch, however in vain.

月色被打捞起 晕开了结局

Scooped out of the water, the moon waned,

Ripples spreading out,

The story draws to an end.

如传世的青花瓷自顾自美丽 你眼带笑意

In your eyes smile is beaming;

The blue and white porcelain

Keeps to herself the age-long beauty,

色白花青的锦鲤跃然于碗底

On the bottom of the white bowl

Blue and white carps leap to and fro.

临摹宋体落款时却惦记着你

Copying the Song inscription,

To the end I am yet to sign,

Before you step into my mind.

你隐藏在窑烧里千年的秘密

The mystery of yours,

Buried deep in the kiln for thousands of years,

极细腻 犹如绣花针落地

Is as delicate yet profound

As a needle falling into the ground.

帘外芭蕉惹骤雨门环惹铜绿

The banana tree outside brings a sudden downpour;

While the copper knocker invites rust to cover all.

而我路过那江南小镇惹了你

South of the river

I passed through the small town,

Mindless of turning your life around.

在泼墨山水画里 你从墨色深处被隐去

Melting into the depth of a landscape painting,

Youfaded out into the dark background.


《千里之外》:芙蓉水面采,船行影犹在,你却不回来

如果说每首歌都记录了一个故事,那么《千里之外》讲述的就是一段战火里“情深何在、生死难猜”的凄美爱情故事。这首满满民国风的歌曲,词虽易懂却并不好译,尤其是点题的这句“我送你离开 千里之外 你无声黑白”,既要点题又要表达出依依不舍的离别之情更是难上加难,下面的版本里,译者采取了完全意译的办法,虽有遗憾,但翻译常常也像故事里的爱情难得两全之道……

屋檐如悬崖 风铃如沧海 我等燕归来
Eaves erecting high against the world outside,

Windmill echoing like the sound of an ebbing tide,

I await you through all days and nights.

时间被安排 演一场意外 你悄然走开

Without a word of good-bye,

You pass me by and everything fades into black.

故事在城外 浓雾散不开 看不清对白

Our story started in the wilderness far and wide;

With dim air choking all words and passion in our eyes.

你听不出来 风声不存在 是我在感慨

Then I uttered a sigh,

And you have always taken that as a wind that just brushed by.

梦醒来 是谁在窗台 把结局打开

Our destiny was unveiled

After my roaming dreams took their flight,

那薄如蝉翼的未来 经不起谁来拆

Leaving me with infinite fear

For the pale future without you holding me tight.

我送你离开 千里之外 你无声黑白

Farewell, my girl, but you say not good-bye.

沉默年代 或许不该 太遥远的相爱

Our heightened distance drives eternity out of sight.

我送你离开 天涯之外 你是否还在

Farewell, my girl, will you forever abide?

琴声何来 生死难猜 用一生 去等待

Melody coming from afar bidding lifelong departure doomed for you and I.

一身琉璃白 透明着尘埃 你无瑕的爱

Dressed in gown of pure bright,

You gave me faith that your love will never lie.

你从雨中来 诗化了悲哀 我淋湿现在

Raindrops were falling when you came along and sadness was born whereupon,

Leaving me countless teardrops to ease my fright.

芙蓉水面采 船行影犹在 你却不回来

How I mourn the days when you picked the lotus in the twilight.

And with that lonesome boat, you never came back.

被岁月覆盖 你说的花开 过去成空白

Time carries away every petal and tide,

The past is nothing but void and heartfelt cries.

梦醒来 是谁在窗台 把结局打开
Our destiny was unveiled after my roaming dreams took their flight,

那薄如蝉翼的未来 经不起谁来拆Leaving me with infinite fear for the pale future without you holding me tight.

我送你离开 千里之外 你无声黑白

Farewell, my girl, but you say not good-bye.

沉默年代 或许不该 太遥远的相爱

Our heightened distance drives eternity out of sight.

我送你离开 天涯之外 你是否还在

Farewell, my girl, will you forever abide?

琴声何来 生死难猜 用一生 去等待

Melodycoming from afar bidding lifelong departure doomed for you and I.

来源:译世界

Read Also: The Amazing English Translation of Jay Chou’s Chinese Style Songs

Take a look at how we helped our client by localizing their project for Chinese language. Click here to read the complete case study